Monday, August 20, 2007

Tisket A Tasket A Green and Yellow Basket

Today, I will show you some baskets, my daughter, Little PenPen, has given me. Most of these she made herself. This first one, though, I think she told me her friend , Betty, made for me. They were doing the basket making together.













This one Penny made for me. I use it to store all my stuff I need in the bathroom. I keep it under the counter. When we have guests, I just take this basket with me to the other bathroom.














This one has a green color woven through it. I use it for storage too. I was surprised to find some Raggedys and some wooden croquet balls in here ??













This one was made by Penny for me. I love the angel on it. I keep it on one corner of the entertainment center. It holds a plant on one side and other goodies on the other side. It sits in front of papers and envelopes I need to file, but in the mean time are hidden from view in back of this basket.











This one has a wooden handle like you might see on a bucket. This one is one of my favorites. She drew apples on it and has the Bible Verse "A word fittly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of of silver." Proverbs 25:11 As you can see it holds my eye glasses. I buy reading glasses from the dollar store and have them all over the house. LOL

4 comments:

meggie said...

I love baskets, & those are all lovely! How clever of your daughter to make them.

Tammy said...

All very lovely!
:)

Sandy said...

I love all your baskets. Penny is very talented. I love the basket that you gave us one Christmas that she made. Grandma Addie basket --I think she called it. It is very special.

Donna's chitchat said...

I love your baskets. I am amazed that they are handmade. How beautiful. I think I love the uniqueness of the last one, tall and round. Its is so pretty and I love the weaving. I never considered handmaking baskets and now I want to learn!!!