Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Moth in the Vine

Yesterday, Molly, told us about Joyce's butterflies on her blog http://jdebreuilsartandquilts.blogspot.com/. They were wonderful! Never saw so many buttlerflys on one flower. Today I found a moth on my Hyacinth Bean Vine. I almost didn't see him/her, except for the lighter colors. I lifted it off with a stick and it flew off into the sun.

Then I thought why not take a full length of the vine so you can see how well it's doing in this heat. Of course, I'm watering it every day since we have had no rain for a spell.

7 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I love your vine. I get so much fun from my bean vine (scarlett runners)... birds, bees and beans...

Tammy said...

That is a pretty butterfly and a lovely vine!
We just had a warm rain here...wish it would could down some though 97 degrees!!
:)

mreddie said...

I'm always amazed by God's creatures, even the small ones. We could really use some rain around here as well. ec

meggie said...

What a lovely photo of that critter! They disguise themselves so well!

Tammy said...

Please stop by my blog today...you've been awarded!! :)

possum said...

Beautiful Luna moth. They seem to be more active at night around here, finding a cool place where they blend in to sleep during the day. Sometimes I find them on the screen door. They are definitely my favorite moth! And they don't eat my rugs or clothes!

Maggie Ann said...

How wonderful to see a Luna moth! I am over visiting from Connie's blog and my eye caught sight of your Raggedy Ann...she is a close friend of mine, smile. Drew me like a magnet..she did.