The only black photo I could find. I know once I visit around I will see lots of things I "should" have done.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Aren't these pretty? Maybe we will have apples again.
You know how I tell you that I eat cheerios just about every morning? Well my husband came in as I started eating one day this week. And I said I'm having strawberries on my cereal. He said that's the same thing I ate this morning. And I said...Ooooh but did you have Cool Whip on top?
Long ago when he worked his regular job, he told me that one of the men came in fussing one day. He said his children were making Cool Whip Sandwiches. Putting Cool Whip between bread!!
And we wonder how Americans are getting fatter. ha ha
Who ever knew that cherrios could taste like dessert?
I guess we all should eat more apples. Just don't dip them in Cool Whip.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
ah-choo, AH-Choo !!My granddaughter tagged me. I am suppose to tell 7 things about myself and then tag a few others. Ummm what to tell... what to tell... okay... here goes...
1. I have allergies. I suffer through spring, but I sure love the spring flowers. I take allergy medicine.
2. Speaking of seven, there were seven children in my family and seven living children in my husband's family. Seven is the perfect number of GOD.
3. My pride and joys are my children, grandchildren, and now my great grandchild. All my children love the LORD and so do the grandchildren. We expect our Great-Grandson will be raised in church and will come to love the LORD also.
4. I married the man I love and we have stuck it out for over 50 years.
5. I still love to go to the ocean and wet my feet in the water. I still love finding shells. I will probably not go as much any more since my husband had a melanoma taken off his face. He is doing fine. The doctor said he got it all.
6. I love the computer, facebook, Mafia Wars, and Free Republic. My email gets last place these days.
7. This year I have found that I can do things I never thought I could do. And I know that with Jesus on my side I can do all things.
I'm not going to tag anyone else, but if you decide you want to do this, just post your seven and give me a link so I know you are playing.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Finally I'm feeling okay again. Except for the pollen everywhere, this is a beautiful day. So I decided to take a walk outside.
This was going to be my Easter Posting picture. My sweet daughter gave me the flagholder and a bunch of flags for Christmas.
You never know what you'll see around here. This is the bottle tree.. still a work in progress. I eventually want to have all cobalt blue bottles on it.
As you can see, I have not found enough of the blue bottles yet. Friends and family have donated some bottles and I have filled in spaces with colored glass vases.
Here is an old rusted tub with a few strawberry plants in it.
I doubt there will be enough to satisfy anyone's hunger for strawberries.
You never know what you'll see in all the nooks and crooks of trees around here. This is the back side of a little birdhouse.
And this is one of our flower beds showing off. The irises will soon be blooming.
I would love to stay outside more, but my allergies run me back inside. Everything has a light covering of yellow/green pollen. But, hey, Spring is definitely HERE !!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Friday, April 2, 2010
I had said in my last blog that I thought the last goat babies had been born. I was wrong. Two more were born last night.
Renie had asked that I post some pictures of the baby goats.
They are scattered all over this morning. Most were in this area taking it easy. Notice the little one in the tub over on the right.
Lots of things going on around here today. My husband's helper didn't show up so guess who's taking messages and staying by the phone today?