Saturday, September 29, 2007

Old People on Myspace.com

Let me tell you about my myspace page.

For a long time, I just lurked around there reading other's pages. Then one day I told my sister that I was going to do a page for me for myspace. But, I told her, I was going to do everything undercover. She told me "I can find you."

So I went about building me a myspace page. I needed a name. I wanted it to be American Indian related. So I thought of a poem we had learned in school. I chose Hiawatha. Someone else had that name. I chose Menehaha. Someone else had that name. So I recited some more of the poem to myself and I tried Ancient Arrowmaker. Yes, that would work. But that was the http part of the address. I needed another name to call my self. Back to the poem. Finally I tried "Laughing Water". Well, that worked. So I filled in my other information (all lies) and sat back.

My sister called. Had I made the page yet? Yes, I told her. She said "I will find you." A couple of days went by, she called. Did you really make yourself a page? Yes, I said. "I'll find you!" This went on for about a month. One day she said "I just cannot find you."

So then I confessed. I told her that all the information I put in was false except for my age. That was correct. She hung up. She called right back. "Hello Laughing Water". She laughed and told me there were probably about three people who had pages that were my age.

Soon my grandchildren and some of their friends and others found out about my Myspace and came to visit. Wonder if you can find me with just this information. Let me know how long it took you! LOL

9 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

I feel 'ancient' when I spy on my 13 yo son's MYSPACE page..

His Office, My Studio said...

I have a myspace page and my kids (21 and 16) said I was to old for it because it is just for kids. I deleted it and now I may make a new one just so I can find Laughing Water.

Tammy said...

Martha Stewart just made a Myspace blog...wish she would come on over to the "adult" blogs...lol! I don't want to create an account just to comment there...

I have to say after looking it over, I much prefere Blogger.

Have a great day!
:)

Little Penpen said...

I can't tell you when I last went to my myspace account. I like blogger so much better. But yes, I can find you! I wish all the adults on myspace would come on over to blog land... it never kicks me off like myspace does!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I haven't even looked at MySpace yet LOL! Good for you!

Manuela

Mary said...

I have a myspace page, but mainly to keep in touch with nieces and nephews who live out of town. Enjoyed all of the native names you chose, especially LaughingWater. Take care. Mary

Mrs.E said...

I love that name! I remember the other one's from books in school :)

I have a hard enough time keeping up with one blog....not sure I could keep up with two...but Kudos to you for doing it! Isn't technology fun? Well, when it's not messing up that is.

Renie Burghardt said...

Anne, how funny! I'll have to find you on My Space. I have a granddaughter that has a page there. Hmm, I wonder how she would feel having her Nana in the neighborhood? lol

smilnsigh said...

I'm on lots of blogging venues, but never tried myspace.

I appreciate the total false info you put up, though! That's the only way to go, with such we-want-your-info places. ,-)

Mari-Nanci