Thursday, September 20, 2007

Neighbors and Friends

Just a note: Addie has updated her blog.

We are surrounded by wonderful neighbors and friends. A lot of people come through my yard every day. My husband works on lawn mowers in our back yard. People bring us things all the time. We are thankful to them.

Often when my back door bell rings, I find someone on the steps with a gift. This week a man brought us a bag of grapes he had picked off a vine at the edge of a wooded area. He had been gathering corn and saw this grapevine loaded with grapes. He stood on his tractor seat and picked a couple of bags of the best black grapes I have ever tasted. Thanks Randy!

Then yesterday a man brought my husband two packages of fresh frozen sausage. He had killed hogs last week. Thanks Durwood!

On Saturday we received a bag of fresh picked okra. Thanks Dave! I don't remember all the names of my husbands friends, but we were given a few watermellons, lots of vegies, etc. all through the summer. Thanks Y'all!

My neighbor just across the road is the best. She earns extra money during her retirement catering. It's nothing for her to do a luncheon for over one hundred people any day of the week. When she has left overs, guess who benefits? She brings Cakes, candy, finger foods, and full meals. All delicious!! She is one GREAT cook!! Thanks Inda!

God has blessed us many times through our neighbors. Lots of people will say "GOD IS GOOD"! ...one of our missionary friends would always answer..."HE'S BETTER THAN THAT !"

11 comments:

Debbie J said...

Also, you just can't beat the generosity of Southerners! We too have been given okra recently. And to know how hard these people worked to grow it in the dry weather we have had, made me even more thankful to them.

Alice said...

Oh, the grapes would have to be the best. You just can't find them at the market. Thank you for the update on Addie's blog. She's such a brave girl.

meggie said...

When we had our country Hotel, we were given so many things, & the generosity of people always warmed us!

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann, I sure do miss having a big garden every year. It's hard work, but it so worth it. After I cooked, canned, froze, everything I could hold, there was still so much left over, and I too gave it away to family and friends. It so much better for them than what is in the store.

I love fresh blackberries too, they make a good pie.

Little Penpen said...

Yes, you do have great neighbors. I would love to live across the road from Inda.... she's the best! With my husband's job, he meets a lot of people, and frequently brings home jellies, pickles, deer meat, apples, etc. from nice people who like to share their goods!

TO BECOME said...

What a blessing to have such great neighbors. I am sure they are blessed by you.

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet remarks you left concerning our new grandbaby. We appreciated it so much. Thank you, connie from Texas

Mary said...

Ann,

A delightful read. I was brought up on a farm in southern Ontario and all of the neighbors shared with each other. It makes things so much easier for all of us when we think of others. Thanks for bringing back good memories.

Mary

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Ann,

How nice of you to thank your good neighbors for their generosity. I have generous, kind hearted neighbors as well, and count myself lucky. Neighbors around here share, and check on each other as well. Country neighbors are such a blessing!

Renie

smilnsigh said...

You are lucky to have such neighbors. We expect more of kin. But your neighbors are super!

Mari-Nanci

2 LMZ FARMS said...

It is nice to have neighbors like that. Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone of us was like that? Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

BarnGoddess said...

what great neighbors!!!

You are very fortunate :)