Monday, September 24, 2007

A New Member Of The Family

There are a lot of things happening lately. Another of the grandchildren got engaged last week. Congratulations Holly!! Soon there will be three new members in my family. But that is not what this post is about.

This post is about another member. At the family reunion, on Saturday, Sandy brought me another addition to my doll collection. As I have mentioned many times, I collect Raggedy Anns, and Andys, and just ragdolls that look like them. Nope, I'm not doing the whole collection yet. I'm just going to show you the latest addition. This little girl came home to North Carolina with me. She had been living in Virginia for some time. I think she likes her new home well enough. Thanks Sandy!!


10 comments:

Little Penpen said...

She looks very happy to me! Very cute! I still have a big one here for you too!

Granny said...

Checking out a few of my friends before I call it a night. Forgot I had to wait for the dryer.

My mom made Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for us and for church bazaars, etc. She was a marvelous seamstress.

I never knew that as my old one wore out, she quietly replaced it during the night.

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann, your doll is cute, I love to collect dolls too. My sister still has her original Raggedy Ann doll, I don't know what happened to mine.
I love homemade dolls, I wish I could sell well enough to make my own. I did attempt a few times, the dolls came out pretty good (the clothes too) but I can't get the faces right.

Debbie J said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your collection and the newly engaged couple!!! Now you've got me interested in Raggedys! I never thought about them before I saw that you liked them on your blog.

Renie Burghardt said...

Very cute red head, Ann. My daughter-in-law sent me a pair of harvest dolls, that look like a cross between Raggedy Ann and a scare crow. Very cute though as well. They're sitting on my couch, reminding me of fall, and of my thoughtfull dil.

Renie

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I like the doll. So, which doll has traveled the fartherest? Congrats to Holly. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Melanie said...

Brings back a memory-- I had a Raggedy Ann when I was a kid---Neat Collection, dolls never go out of style...

meggie said...

She looks at home there!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I always said if I'd had a girl her room would be done in Raggedy Anns!!! So cute aren't they?

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I love Raggedy Anne dolls!! Would love to see more of yours!