Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday Morning


This fellow is standing guard at my font steps. I've had him for quite a while. He once stood in one of my bird baths. That was in the days before I knew to put bricks in the bath to keep his feet out of the water. Because I didn't know, he lost part of his feet. I called around to ask what to do. I finally stood him in a box of cement and let it set. He now has a very heavy base and stands at the end of my front sidewalk. This is also where I put my bird feeders on shepard hooks in the winter. He gets decorated from time to time with bird droppings, but being the ever faithful soldier he takes it and never flinches. (Those are volunteer impatiens that have come up behind him.)

4 comments:

mreddie said...

It is so good to see a soldier that doesn't complain. Of course when I was in the army they always said that a griping soldier was a happy soldier. :) ec

Paula said...

Oh! I like him alot, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a man with a little bit of cement around his feet. At least he won't be wandering off...LOL!

meggie said...

I like him too, & I love the humble little Impatiens. I need to get more seeds, my plants must have outworn their 7 years!
You know they say, "one years seeding, 7 years weeding!" I didnt weed them but the GOM did! And now they have stopped returning.

Little Penpen said...

Cute man.... even if he has heavy feet now. Your flowers are pretty.