Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Tradgedy At The Door Steps

When we got home from our little trip down to Topsail Island today, we noticed some cracked eggs lying around the edges of the Guinea, but she was still on the nest. My husband just went outside to check on her and he says many more of the eggs are cracked and the Guinea has left her nest. He hopes nothing has got her. He's headed to the barn now to start up the incubator. Started with fourty eggs and now we are down to twelve. There is probably a full possum around here somewhere!!! If we hatch any of these, I will post pictures. They were supposed to hatch in about five days.

6 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Oh! I'm so sorry about the eggs! I hope Curt can save the rest with the incubator.

Sandy said...

Geez, I hate this--it was such fun.. Good luck, Curt.

smilnsigh said...

Oh sorry. But do they always make their nests, in such an accessible spot? Seems many predators could easily do damage. -sigh-

Mari-Nanci

Tammy said...

I know this had to be frustrating!!

Unknown said...

Oh no, how sad. I hope the eggs will hatch.

meggie said...

This must be why they lay so many eggs? Perhaps that way, some might survive to live. I felt sick when I read what had happened.
Keep us posted.