Friday, July 20, 2007

Danger Lurks Here

Does this look like a dangerous place to you? I didn't think so either. Late yesterday, after another very hot day, I decided the plants needed watering again. So I puttered about watering ... minding my own business. When I got to the fiscus tree on the other side of the steps, all of a sudden, I was in such pain. Something had stung me just below my left eye. I immediately stopped watering and rushed inside for some Bynadryl. Took the medicine and put ice to my face. Oh, it did hurt. I suffered all through "Big Brother". It had finally eased off before I went to bed. Today my husband went to investigate. He found a hornets nest in one of his boots that sit on some shelves behind the fiscus tree. He has been spaying the nest off and on all day. He says tonight he will definitely take care of it. I just hope he doesn't get stung!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh nooo! So sorry to hear you got stung...it is a lovely place though and definately does not look dangerous!
:)

Donna's chitchat said...

I love your veranda.... oh, I could rock there and dream all afternoon. But of course, I wouldn't, cause I would be picking at flowers, weeds, gardens, and puttering away the afternoon, and all of a sudden.... it would be gone.
Nasty Hornet!!!! amazing how fast they can attack.. wow

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, so sorry about that...
hate those hornets.....

Little Penpen said...

Yikes! I got stung by a hornet once in my foot and it was the worst sting I've ever felt! It hurt for days! I hope your face is okay. Is it swollen?

Lizzie said...

Oh how I detest bees!!! Its one of the few things that makes me cry- even as an adult. I would rather have an injection at the doctors office than be bee stung!!!

Glad hubby rushed to your rescue as a champion bee killer!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I love your veranda too- I'm always so envious of all of you in the States who have them!! Did you mean Big Brother the reality TV show? I didn't know you have it in the States?

Debbie J said...

I'm so sorry you got stung... and you were just minding your own business too. Love your porch. I can tell you've been taking good care of those plants in this hot dry weather. I've been watering some things 2 or 3 times a day and they still wilt. But so far no hornet has attacked me!

Melanie said...

My kind of porch!!!I love it... My daughters allergic to hornet stings, they can make you really sick.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Ohh ouch! Sorry about that - I haven't gotten stung in a couple of years but I remember how uncomfortable and painful it was!

Your porch looks just lovely and not at all dangerous LOL!

Manuela

Paula said...

Nasty little critters! Hope your face is feeling better and that your beautiful porch is calm and peaceful now once again. Thank Heavens that your husband hadn't stuck in foot in that boot!
Thank you so much for visiting my site and leaving a comment today!

Unknown said...

Oh you poor thing, I"ve never gotten stung but I can only imagine how painful it is. Hope your doing much better!