Thursday, July 19, 2007

Old Crepe Myrtle

This is an old crepe myrtle my MIL gave us when we first built the house in 1971. It never flowered much. Too much shade. We cut out some trees on that side of the yard last year and now we have many blooms.
This is the statue that is barely visible in the first picture. My brother Bill, and his wife Sandra gave us that "cutie" for Christmas one year. I love his little face and all the animals he's loving on.
The next year on Mother's Day, I got another bird bath. It was the perfect spot for this little statue. Thanks Sandra and Billy.

8 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I love that statue too. You can never go wrong with children and old people. *grin* They are all so cute!

Little Penpen said...

PS... I miss my crepe mrytles. I used to always think of their blooms as God's birthday present to ME. It seemed they always bloomed right around my b.day!

meggie said...

I love the little cherub too!

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

Hi darling,I have taken a break from canning to hollor at everyone.the raccoons got into my garden the son and girl have moved in till their place is ready.how are things y'alls way?xxoo

Melanie said...

I grew up in Louisiana with crepe myrtle plants.. great memory thanks...

Sandy said...

Bill and I are so glad you liked it. That made my day.

Tammy said...

I've always loved crepe myrtle but you just don't see it up here in Ohio!
:)

Janice said...

It's all so lovely!