Thursday, October 4, 2007

Lighthouses

There is a light house on a hill side...that over looks life sea. When I'm tossed it sends out a light ...that I might see...

And the light that shines in darkness now, will safely lead me o're... If it wasn't for the light house my ship would be no more...


And I thank God for the Light house...I owe my life to HIM. For JESUS is the Light House and from the rocks of sin.. HE has shown the Light around me that I might surely see.... If it wasn't for the LIGHT HOUSE... Where would my ship be?


I thank GOD for the Light House...

10 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Love, love, love this post. Love the pictures... wish I had been there!

Paula said...

Beautiful post. Happy, happy late birthday. Someday I will visit the lighthouses of the east coast, Yes.I.Will.

Tammy said...

AMEN!!

Back in Ky at our little country Church there was a lady named Janice who sang this song as a special from time to time...it never failed to touch me.

A few years back we made a trip to the UP of Michigan and saw some beautiful light-houses and I've been facinated ever since!

Great post!

PS...I've gone private with my blog, if you would like an invite just email me and I will send you one.

Love & Hugs to you!
:)

Alice said...

What a sweet verse and so true. The author must have lived near the sea himself. I'm so happy that there are good people who see to the preservation of our lighthouses.

meggie said...

Wonderful photos.

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

hi darling,just visting,got a new hair cut!all gone,come see my mud art

Mary said...

Ann,

I love lighthouses. They represent the guiding light of Christ.

Debbie J said...

Thanks Ms. Ann for reminding me of that song. The choir in my hubbie's old church used to sing that song and it was so moving. Happy birthday too!

Janice said...

Pretty pictures and thoughtful words! I collect postcards and have quite a few lighthouse ones. They are so majestic, aren't they?

mreddie said...

I remember the song well - great photos! ec