Friday, October 19, 2007

Last Bean Blog?

Ok, I "kinda'" promise this will be the last bean blog for this year. Remember, when I asked in the early spring if I dared to think these would be the best year yet? Well all that watering in the dry period really paid off.

We think we know why it grows so good. Duh, it just came to us this year. There is a light on top of the pole, our night light for the back yard. So this plant might be growing all night as well as all day.

Yes, those are storm clouds you see in that picture. We got some rain yesterday. 2/10 of an inch. They are predicting more rain for us today. I just hope we don't get the bad weather that the middle of the USA got when these storms passed through.

I know for a fact, I have more beans and flowers this year, than I have ever had before. I hope they mature and dry. A lot of people that have passed through my yard have said they want me to save them some seeds. So again I have to thank Janie from Texas for my beautiful (to me) vine.!!

9 comments:

Willow said...

Isn't it amazing that ONE seed planted in the ground can produce THAT much foliage?

Tammy said...

Your bean plant is gorgeous!

My daughter in Ky had severe weather with lots of damage, fortunatly not to their home though!

Stay safe and snug at home!

meggie said...

That is surely one magnificent vine! I wonder if the light does have something to do with it? An interesting thought.

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, Ann, that's quite a bean vine! I can almost see Jack climbing up on it. :-)

We had those storm clouds Thursday night. Was a dark and stormy scary night it was, too, and we lost the power for several hours. But thank the Lord we had no damage, except for a few small limbs falling off, here and there. Hope it wasn't bad in your area.

Blessings,

Renie

janie said...

I was so glad to get your email, I had to look you up on GW to get your blog.

The HBVs are gorgeous! You should get seeds this year, If not, I will have some.

Thanks for sharing.

Janie

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful vine! You definitely have a green thumb!

Donna's chitchat said...

Awesome!!! We are totally into fall in my neck of the woods, so we have had a few frosts... therefore more beans are down, dried and stored away. I hope we can trade seeds over the winter!

Mary said...

What a lovely bean plant. I have never seen one with so much foliage. Enjoyed the photo.

Mary

Janice said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!