Thursday, October 11, 2007

I was Tagged!!

8 Things That Make Me, Me

Deborahhas tagged me for the Random 8 Meme. According to Michele, here are The Rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.

3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).

4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

This took me a little time as I had to do links and use my brain (sawdust?) a bit.

8 Things That Make Me,Me:


1.I am the oldest of seven children. Grew up poor in the southeastern part of NC. My biggest responsibility as a child was to help look after the other children. So I’m bossy and think I know everything. (Just ask any of my siblings.)


2.I married a good man and have three good children and six WONDERFUL grandchildren. (Just ask me.)


3.Jesus Christ is my Savior. I asked HIM to save me when I was about 25 years old. ( That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is not difference between the Jew and the Greek; for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. Romans 10:9-13) (Read the Bible… see for yourself)


4.I always vote for the person who says they are against abortion. I tend to pull for the underdog.


5.I like nature and little things give me the greatest pleasure. BUT I do insist on having things MY way once in a while! (Just ask anybody)


6.I like people more than animals. I like animals outside or in their pens. I am afraid of most animals. I’ve found that horses bite and kick. Goats butt and rare up. Roosters will spur you and hens are very protective of their chicks. I like guineas! (They are afraid of me!)


7.I always thought I didn’t want a computer. My children talked me into getting one and now I’m so addicted, I never want to be without one again. I can think of several things I’d do without before the computer. (My stove, my iron, my washer and dryer, my TV…(now you should be laughing)


8.I am a cancer survivor. 18 + years as of now. My church family, my family, friends and others prayed for me. I give God all the Glory for keeping me here. I saved this one for last, because I know there are other bloggers out there fighting their battles with this disease. I want everyone to know there is hope and God Is Good.!! (Amen!!)


--------And now, who to tag...Someone who hasn't been tagged already....Let me see...(Only if they want to and have time)


Trudy

Kara

Imac

Barn Goddess

Niki

Janice

Donna

Meggie

Okay, Now I'm going to skip around and tag everybody. Y'all have fun!!

18 comments:

Willow said...

I enjoy reading these tags because I get to know more about my blogger friends.

meggie said...

Thanks for the tag, Ann. I have just recently done this, -it was 7 things I think. However I am always up for a game.

BarnGoddess said...

OK! I am tagged :)

you like people better than animals? oh my! you just havent met the right horses, goats, or chickens.

I bet your 6 grands keep you very busy. You are lucky.

Trudi said...

Thank you for tagging me. I'll have to work on it Friday night or maybe squeak it in at work tomorrow. Shhh, dont tell anyone. Very fun to read your tags.

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann,
This was a great 8 -
And do you know? I had forgotten all about it, but October is (breast cancer) awareness month. I'm going to look around and see if I can get a gif ribbon to go on my site, and make it a link in case anyone else want to put it on their blog too. I'm glad that you survived cancer, and it WAS by the grace of God - my Pop and Dad and almost his entire immediate family were not so lucky.

I agree about the goats, the nannies are ok but the billies can be very territorial. And roosters - ha! Grandpa Jesse had the biggest, meannest rooster in the State of Alabama - maybe the whole south! I'll get around to telling that story in a day or two...

Computers are addicting, they are wonderful. We have the whole world at our fingertips - new friends too. But I don't know, I couldn't give up my tv, I'm kind of hooked on History, Animal Planet, and Sci-Fi...)

It will be interesting to see what the other people on your blog says in their tag post - so many good blogs to read to read here.

Little Penpen said...

You didn't grow up poor.... you just thought you were poor. LOL

Mary said...

I really enjoyed reading your great 8.

I actually like animals better than people. Animals give unconditional love and they never tell your secrets. You can pour your heart out to them and they never judge you or talk behind your back. Guess I have met the wrong people and the right animals. :-)

Blessings,
Mary

Susie said...

Thanks for visiting me and the birthday wishes. I always enjoy reading memes and learning a bit more about blogging friends. To be a cancer survivor for 18 years is a real beacon of hope for those fighting that dread disease.

imac said...

Enjoyed your 8 memes, ta for tagging, working on it Friday.

Pat said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment - Oh how I love to read comments!
I loved this Meme, what a great way to know a little about you. I LOVE your #6 answer, I've finally found someone who shares my feelings about animals!
Praise God for #8 - prayer works!

Janice said...

I really enjoyed learning more about you! :o) Oh my, you've tagged me! I'll see if I can figure out how all of this works and give it a try soon! Blessings!

Alice said...

I certainly enjoyed the great 8 things about you. Everything you say is so straight forward and honest. I really like that about you.

Tammy said...

Like you I'm the oldest and I can't help it if I'm bossy...lol!

I'm afraid of most all animals too! Guineas though make way too much noise for me!!

I'm so glad to hear you are a cancer Survivor! More people need to tell about this to encourage those going through it!

I'm so glad you got a computer and I've been able to get to know more about you, you, you!

Have a great day!

Tammy said...

You've got an award at my place...

Beach Girl said...

Good to get to know you better, Ann! :-)

Vanessa

zakscloset said...

i wish i was at the point of my life where i'm happily married and have good children!

Louise said...

Thanks for leaving a post on one of mine. It is good to learn someone new is reading what you've written, isn't it? I am the oldest of 8 children, one sister died quite young so there are seven of us now. My biggest job was also looking after the younger kids. It seems I always had a child on my hip. I was born in Eastern, Ky, but raised in MI. and we too were poor folk but didn't know it. You make do with what you have and make the best of it.
Bless you!

BarnGoddess said...

I did this Meme today :)