Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Few Things At My Place


Thought I'd give you a quick glimpse of a couple of things in my yard today. The Gladiola was given to me many years ago. It had been lost up under some Azaleas. Last year when we cut those back I found these and moved them out into an opening and this is my reward. Thanks to Mrs. Maybelle Cannon for her gift long,long ago!


These yellow lilies were given to me by my cousin. Aren't they pretty? My Aunt Jessie loved old flowers. She told me years ago I should plant lilies in between all my Azeleas. When the Lillies bloom I always think of her. Thanks Shirley for dividing with me!!


This is a chair given to me by one of my daughter's in law. I took the bottom out and planted it. For about three years, this chair has had different flowers each summer. Thanks Wendy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love gladioli - they remind me of home in England. Mum had several that grew under the bay window in a glorious peachy colour. Your flowers are wonderful!

Janice said...

Each beautiful flower has such a special memory with it! They are everlasting gifts, aren't they? I love the chair!! I've been thinking of doing something like that with an old broken wooden chair I have. Now I am even more inspired!
Blessings,
Janice

Unknown said...

those flowers look really sweet planted up in that chair and what a lovely thing to re-discover, your gladioli!

Unknown said...

I did that with a old school desk and chair that was given to me, I love it!

Little Penpen said...

You do have lots of flower "treasures" all around, don't you? You definitely have a "memory garden".

meggie said...

Hi Ancient One! Thanks for visiting my blog, & leaving me a comment. Yes, it is surprising how I managed all those years while he was off 'working' lol!
I like to remind him for a lot of those years I also went out to work, as well as my 'home' job.
His retirement sure takes some adjustment!
O & I love dolls too, I used to make porcelain dolls, & do my own firing etc. I have blogged about mine in past posts. I still have naked dollies!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. My glads won't bloom for another month! It's a lot of fun getting bulbs from people. Lucky you! Your Aunt Jessie's dolls and "doll hospital" are very interesting.
Ele