Monday, June 25, 2007

Southern Things







I was tagged by Little Penpen to list some Southern things.


1. Summer Thunder Storms like the one we had this afternoon. So thankful for much needed rain.

2. Collards, Chittlin's and Grits

3. Snow cream from the first snow

4. Dirty snowmen

5. Snuff dipping and tobacco chewing

6. Pig Pickings

7. Blue Berry Cobblers... I made one today!

8. Tractor Pulls

9. Do-Rags

10. going barefoot

11. Molasses biscuits and fried fat back (not my favorite)

12. Salted peanuts poured in your bottle of coke.

13. Fishing off a bridge

14. NABS ...for you people up north, these are Lance peanut butter crackers.

This was fun... but I'm not going to tag anyone!!

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Yep, you are southern! I heard you got a lot of rain tonight. It is thundering and raining here now.

Debbie J said...

The salted peanuts in the coke bottle and nabs for sure are southern! It had to be a Small Coke though. I would ride on the fender of the Massey Ferguson Tractor (with nothing put pavement below me) with my brother to the country store down the road! I would have died if my children had done the things I did when I was a child on the farm.

meggie said...

Wow! I would need a dictionary for almost every one of those things you listed! No idea at all.
I have heard of some of them, but really dont know what they are.
I suppose we have things like that too, but dont often think about them, as we are so used to them!

Janice said...

How fun to read these! I just heard about peanuts in the coke bottle not too long ago and had never known of it before! :o) Thanks for sharing!

Tracey said...

Pig Picklings? The Screamer does not like the sounds of that...