Monday, June 18, 2007

He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not



Childhood memories of me, my sister, and my cousin, sitting in the sunshine on our grandmothers porch pulling the petals off the daisies chanting "he loves me.. he loves me not"...and none of us at that young age (9,10,11) having a boyfriend.

I had a hard time getting daisies to live here. I think we had too much shade. Eventually one flower bed had a couple of trees removed close to it and I finally had enough sun to grow the daisies. My mom, who now lives in Grandma's old house, had daisies and gave me some. We have taken down many trees over the years and now have several sunny areas to grow sun loving flowers. Daisies are still some of my favorites!!

7 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Lovely memory. :-)

And yes, Daisies are precious. We have wild ones growing in the Cottage Garden out front. I thought I'd pictured them, but I guess I haven't. My bad~! I will take pics soon.

Please come back over and see them, tomorrow or the next day. :-)

And I have a very good Net friend, who just loves them. They are her favorite flower.

In the film, 'You've Got Mail,' they are Meg Ryan's character's fav flower too. And Tom Hanks remembers, and brings her a bouquet of daisies, when she is sick with a cold. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Sandy said...

The flower bed is beautiful. You have done a great job.

Unknown said...

Daisies look very "clean" so plain yellow and white.

Janice said...

Daisies make me smile and my thoughts always go to warm lazy days of childhood summers! Thanks for stirring up old memories!
Blessings!

Little Penpen said...

...he loves me, he loves me not... oh what fun we had with that! I love daisies too. Those are the first flowers we learned to "draw"... those and tulips!

meggie said...

I love Daisy's too. The seem such honest, simple, & humble flowers to me.
Nothing pretentious there!

sugarsandsalts said...

Ha ha , I played that "love me not" when I was a teenage too!
I like to play it with sunflower,cause it love me too!