Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Surprise At The Front Door

I like color at the front door. Most of my annuals are in containers. During the dry spell, I had to do a lot of watering. I'm so thankful for the rain we got on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and I know the plants appreciate it too!!

There is a surprise under this hosta planted next to the steps. One of the Guinea's has a nest back there. There are over 20 eggs in that nest. So be very quite when you come to visit. Don't disturb the mother. She will come out squawking and scare you to death...LOL

6 comments:

Hope said...

Ann, I would love to come visit! Your porch and flowers look so inviting. I'll try to be really quiet when I approach the hostas! :)
I'm glad you found the info on the hair pics. I thought it was very interesting. I especially liked the brooch made by using hair from each family member!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Your flowers are so bright and cheery. A very warm welcome!

...well, until the guinea starts to attack. LOL


Kimberly :)

Unknown said...

Hi and thanks for stopping by my blog, I"m so glad you did, I love yours! I'm a avid gardener so I can't get enough of flowers and garden chat! I'll be back and add you to my list too! Have a great day!

Little Penpen said...

The porch looks very inviting, but I don't know about that guinea thing! It would scare me to death! Just wait until all the babies hatch... ha ha!

Janice said...

What a beautiful photo! Everything looks so colorful and healthy! That rocking chair looks pretty comfy too. :o) Those guineas are loud! My dh's grandma used to have some. How fun to find 20 eggs! Let us know if they all hatch!

Michele said...

Ann, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just love all your beautiful flowers. I could sit on your front porch all day it looks so welcoming.

Michele