Friday, November 2, 2007

Today is W-I-N-D-Y

Today the wind is really blowing. There is a storm out in the ocean off the North Carolina coast. Its name is Noel. Have you heard of it?

The weather people told us we would have winds of 10 miles per hour. Our winds are much more than that. It has already blown the gutters off our front porch. We just got back from Lowes. We bought long screw like nails and my husband has braved the winds to put the gutters back up.

Also the temps are about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday.

AOL has messed up this post several times. This is the forth time trying to post. I guess the winds are messing with my ISP connection.

I can only wonder what it is doing out on Hatteras where Beach Girl lives. The weather people said at the noon hour that water would probably cross Hwy 12.

So this post is short today. Let’s see if Blogger can get this one up!!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

It's windy in Virginia, too and cooler. Bill has put on his heavy coat.....

Mary said...

Yes, I've heard of Noel and am sorry to hear that it is blowing your way. It's to move up the coast to Atlantic Canada where my MIL lives. She is battening down the hatches so to speak.

Thanks for posting on my Canadian Loonie post. I've tried my best to answer your question there.

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann,

All you guys can do is bunker down - it looks like NE is getting the brunt today and then Canada tomorrow.

I saw all of the beach erosion in Florida, hopefully it won't be so bad elsewhere. It's going to cost FL alot of money to replace the sand.

Georgia - the SE - sure could have used some of the rain from the system, but not in hurricane form.

Have a good weekend!

Donna's chitchat said...

We are waiting for it to hit tonight. I am in Atlantic Canada, and we are expecting 100km (that would be 60mph0 winds and heavy rain. The rain has started and the winds are sort of normal for now... tonight should be interesting. We have everything tucked away... and the rain is more of a threat than the wind... we live very close to a river..

Little Penpen said...

It was windy here yesterday in central NC too, but I'm sure not as windy as Eastern NC. I sure do miss those adventuresome hurricanes and storms. (however, I remember a messy hurricane right before we left eastern NC and remember saying how glad we were to be leaving that behind...LOL)

meggie said...

I hope those winds have settled, no damage done. It can be terrifying.

Renie Burghardt said...

I just heard on the news that Cape Cod is getting 50/60 mile an hour winds, and some people's power is out. Nantucket has strong winds as well. Hope your winds have died down, Ann, and the gutters have stayed up.

Have a great Sunday!

Renie