Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ann's Animals

If you read my meme, you know I'm not too fond of animals. But I do claim some! These are some examples of the kind I like. The first picture is the top of my refrigerator. These roosters and hens were some we gave as gifts to my grandmother and my husband's mother early in our marriage. They both wrote our names, (mine under the hens and my husband's under the roosters. When my grandmother passed away about 1976, my aunt discovered that our names were on that set and she insisted that we take them back. Then in 1996 when my husband's father passed away, (MIL's death was 1989) my husband found our names on that set and he brought them home after his family met to devide up their things.


This black bear was a birthday present to me a few years back. My daughter saw me admire it while we were at a big yardsale at Liberty, NC. She went back later and got it for me. I love it!! Lots of people who visit us love it also. A friend that loves to bear hunt has threatened to steal it.


This year on my birthday my Son brought me this one. As he pulled it out of the bag, I told him... "I have been wanting that monkey"!! And I have. I had seen it at a gift store but wouldn't get it for myself. Right now I have him hanging from a hook on the back porch and we can see him looking in the kitchen windows...LOL I'm not sure if that will be his spot forever. I'm thinking I might bring him inside.


11 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

hahahahaha - Good one, Ann!
I love the roosters and hens, I have a big rooster on my fridge. The black bear and monkey is cool too.

Last summer, while at the Murphy, NC Flea Market (you know where that is), I saw a big black bear that was a toilet paper holder. I'm going to try to get one next spring for my front bathroom.

Mary said...

Ann,

I love roosters and chickens. Those are too cute. I have a rooster with a hen and chicks on the top of my microwave and a rooster planter that was my Mom's. She decided she didn't want it any longer and gave it to me.

The bear reminds me of one that the grandsons gave my husband for his birthday this year, except his isn't holding anything. It is just laying on its back. It's been in the garden all summer. I really must get it inside before the snow flies.

I have tagged you for a meme at my blog. It would be fun if you particpated, but I will understand if you'd rather not.

Blessings,
Mary

Alice said...

I love your animals, especially the monkey. I think you must have to smile every time you look at him.

Paula said...

That monkey is just the cutest thing. Your son did a great job present picking!

imac said...

Nice, one and all, my favs are the monkey and the bear.

My Mum-In-Law collects fridge magnets, 3 fridges,all rads are covered, must be in the 100s:)
Me I make my own photo cards and sell at fayres and fetes.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Really like the hens and roosters also the bear and monkey. Hope the weather has settled down some for ya'll. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Little Penpen said...

What a cute monkey! I haven't seen him yet. I would probably scare myself everytime I looked out the window and saw him looking in at me.

mreddie said...

Those are the easiest kind of animals to care for, no feeding and cleaning up after - just dust them occasionally. :) ec

Tammy said...

I like your kind of animals best...lol!
I have some sort of phobia where chickens and roosters and geese are concerned...YIKES!

Have a great day!

meggie said...

Nice hens & roosters! The bear is rather special, & as to the monkey, well at least you know he cant get up to mischief! Even if he comes indoors. LOL

Renie Burghardt said...

I have to begin this comment with a hehehehehe, too. Funny. Your animals are cute, and I, too, love hens and roosters. Bring that monkey inside though, You don;t want the poor thging to get cold.

Renie