Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Just some bits and pieces of the weekend.

On Saturday we were invited to go along with my first son's teenage church group on an excursion. He was taking them to the place he works and was doing a tour of the plant. We (my husband and I) had not yet taken this tour so we decided to go. Taking pictures was not allowed, so here is a website of the company. Hatteras Yachts is where my son works. We enjoyed the tour and especially getting to go aboard one of the finished products. WOW ! Some people know how to live! (and may I add, the yacht we toured is so much more lovely than the one they have pictured on their website)

The church group was going on to a ball game. We decided 3 hours in the stands would be too hard on my husband's back, so we headed home.

Remember a few posts back when I was counting up how many mouths we were feeding around here? Well, we discovered two neighborhood dogs were joining my husband's dog for supper late at night. No wonder we were buying so much dog food.

Then when my husband went out to gather the eggs on Saturday afternoon, he found a large snake in the nest. That snake had eaten every egg but one. Another mouth we didn't know we were feeding. Husband came in to get the gun and he got rid of that mouth really quick!!

Today, Sunday, we had Pastor Appreciation Day. This year will be our Pastor's 20th year with us. We tried to show him how much we love him and his family. I hope he liked his surprise.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!!

7 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I am glad you got to tour the place that your son works. I would have been like your husband, my back want take bleachers at all. I have to have support for my back.

I didn't stay on blog break very long, did I? lol My husband told me that the computer should be up and running by the time the "man" leaves from hooking everything up. We shall see but in the meantime, I got my closets all cleaned out. So, even the short break let me get some things done that I had wanted to do for a while now. It is fun seeing all those straighten up closets.

Have a great week. connie

Sandi McBride said...

Gee, I'd love to have a Yacht...but our lakes are so low that Mac can't even get his bass boat in the water!!!
Sandi

Janice Thomson said...

I saw your post on all the mouths you feed - very funny :)

The Babysitters Love said...

I'm glad granddaddy killed that snake!

Ps- I get to see you this weekend! :)

The Babysitters Love said...

More like a reminder to self... But I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'm soooo excited to see you all this weekend!!! I'm ready for it to be here NOW!!!! Looking forward to relaxing in your living room and having a good longggg face-to-face chat! LOVE YOU! Tell Granddaddy I said hello :D

meggie said...

How lovely your grandchildren love you do much!
A snake in the eggs... I dont like to think of killing something, but I think I am glad it has gone!
I tend to like comfort now too Anne. Let the young ones carry on the sporting tradition!

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, you got to tour a yacht! How exciting.

I remember when I had chickens, and the blacksnakes always getting in there to try and get the eggs. Or the baby chicks!

Yes you are feeding a lot of mouths! lol.

Take care!

Renie