Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jessie LaVon

Latest update: MaMA'S HOME FOR 2 WEEKS
SHE HAS FINISHED HER RADIATION AND ANTIBODIES! And will be returning to Tuscaloosa on March 16,Her kidney surgery will be on the 17th at 12.30 afternoon.Will keep you posted.

A picture of Jessie I found by googling her name. This talented woman is having kidney surgery soon.

Jessie's daughter is keeping us up on her condition. Her latest comment follows:

3/03 Mama has taken her radiation and is having her antibiotics.We are hoping the surgery will be Friday to remove the kidney.
They will cut her from her back to the front then down to her groin,remove her bottom rib then the kidney.
The Doctor says she will be down for 6 weeks and will have to take 7-10 meds for a while.


When we left tonight she was on pain meds and said if they keep taking stuff out of her there wasn't going to be enough left when she does pass and asked the doctor to save her rib for her.

She was trying to eat a Krispy cream doughnut and drink Mountain Dew. Her spirits are good and said to tell her darlings hello.

We're taking her art and some items y'all had sent some while ago to decorate the room so she has her favorite items around her while recouping. We will keep you updated. Thanks for prayers and thoughts and the treasure and trinkets that have arrived. She is waiting till after the surgery to open goodies sent to give her spirits a lift.


Now I wanted to say a few words about Mama. She has been a great lady who always took in other children off the street to help them. Always sacrificed her life to put us through college and always wore hand-me-downs so we had the best clothes. She worked hard in the garden to can food for us and aways had a smile on her face no matter how bad things got.

SHE GAVE UP AND NEVER DATED AFTER HER DIVORCE, WITH NO CHILD SUPPORT, TO GIVE ALL HER TIME AND WAS DEVOTED TO US CHILDREN AND ALWAYS GAVE UNCONDITIONED LOVE TO US.


I hope her friends here will keep her in their thoughts till she returns home. Prayers, cards, artwork, small things she likes, and any act of kindness will be appreciated and can be mailed to:

Jessie LaVon
P.O. Box 854
Demopolia Alabama 36732

6 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

She is in my prayers. I just mailed a card. May the good Lord keep watching over her and her family.

TO BECOME said...

I am praying for Jessie, Ancient One. Pray all goes well for her. connie

Lib said...

Wow,What a Lady!Prayer's will be going up here!
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Margaret Cloud said...

I am praying for your mom, I know how that Radiation treatment goes, my mom went through it. A very nice tribute to your mom, she surely will be rewarded in God's Kingdom.

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

Hello my darling friend I am so greatful for your friendship and kindness,I am home till the 16th of this month.Then its back for the surgery.Am glad to be able to visit with my children and even see a dandoline in my garden,at least some thing is growing there,looks like all I will be able to do is watch the weeds grow there this year but to me there bueatful! I am a bit tired but will try to keep up with y'all till I go back to hospital.because of treatments and meds I sleep a lot and when awake I enjoy my children.tell EVERTONE THANK YOU FOR PRAYERS AND CARDS,THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME AT THIS TRYING TIME.
I hope y'all have a great weekend and all are happy and safe.love to you all.my heart and thoughts are with each of you.again thank you so much for thinking of me it means a lot.

Lin said...

Oh, I truly hope that God watches over and blesses that kindly soul in these troubles. Seems like the good ones are always beset by extra torments from the dark side so I wish for her that extra defiance and spunk to spite them. God luv ya, too, for caring about her.