Monday, March 16, 2009

Luck of the Irish?

I think something's about to change around here. For one thing my place at the top of the steps is getting crowded. All of us know this is the hay barn and it will soon be time to eat.


Only thing... there's a lot of us still here. A couple of the little ones went off to live with some children in 4-H. That mean ole' Billy Goat who hurt our man's leg, got to go home with the man who cooks that delicious "goat bar-b-que". Some of them went to live on other farms.


Pretty soon the mamas will start having babies again. Like I said, its getting crowded around here. Our man is planning to take 10 of us to the stock market on Thursday.


I don't think I'll go. Nope, I'm not giving up my place at the top of the steps, no matter how crowded it gets.


11 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Ann,

Wow, look at all those goats. Wish I could bring some of them here. I love goats! Love the pictures.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Irish Hugs!

Renie

Little Penpen said...

LOL... good thoughts from the big goat! Boy, your goat yard is really full, isn't it? Spring time will bring lots of babies, huh? Tell those goats not to hurt our man anymore.

Pat said...

What a great blog to read first thing this morning...it made me smile, really big!
That big one claiming his place on top the steps has "attitude" written all over him! I've known a few people like that!

Michele said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

imac said...

He's the Daddy-goat.

Margaret Cloud said...

That is a lot of goat's. Do you have a favorite one? They are so big and pretty, I could not raise animals that I knew were going to someone else, sounds funny doesn't it. All my life I have loved animal's. Thanks for coming by.

Sandy said...

Wow, didn't know you had so many...

Mary said...

Ann,

The photos are delightful. Thanks so much for sharing. We sure miss going to the farm.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Blessings,
Mary

Sarah Lulu said...

G'day and thank you so much for your kind comments on my Australian blog.

I love your goats!!!!

Janette said...

kidding is a tough time of year from what I hear. Enjoy all those babies!

meggie said...

The goats all look very healthy!