Friday, September 5, 2008

TS Hanna

They say Tropical Storm Hanna is coming and for us to get ready. So I did the fast run to the grocery store and sure enough it was raining by the time I got back.

This week end was suppose to be the "Collard Festival". This morning's paper said the rides for tonight and the parade tomorrow is cancelled. Schools closed around lunch time. They will be used for shelters if needed. It's not suppose to be so bad, but there have been reports of tornadoes and water spouts all ready.

Guess I'll go move some things around that the wind might bother...

8 comments:

Mo said...

Collard? Festival?
What exactly goes on at one of these events?

Pat said...

Hunker down and stay safe...we'll be praying.

Renie Burghardt said...

I hope you and yours stay safe, Ann.

Hugs and Prayers,

Renie

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann,

Looks like it might get nasty in your area - be safe. Here, can't tell yet, but it looks like we will get some rain. I love collards, cooked with ham hocks and a little bacon grease.

meggie said...

Oh I do hope you will all be safe. I cannot imagine living in hurricane country, or having tornadoes.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I remember going to the polk salad festival down in La one time with my family. FUN FUN. Hope things doesnt get to rough for ya'll. All we got from Gustav was rain and rain and then some more rain. Hope you and yours have a blessed day. Stay Safe

Debbie J said...

Glad you didn't have any damage. It wasn't bad here either. We had 5 1/2 inches of rain and it was pretty windy, but no major limbs fell or anything, just some yard debris, like you said.

janie said...

I hope you needed the rain. It is a blessing when a storm comes like that one. Rain, not much wind, and no damage.

Stay safe.

Oh, yes...we have festivals like that. Shrimp Jamboree festival in Seadrift, Strawberry festival in Poteet, and Rice festival shared by Jackson and Wharton Counties.....they have every kind of cooking with rice you can imagine, and great contests to see which is the best.

I don't even like collards, but I bet it would have been fun.

Janie