Friday, September 12, 2008

My Prize Has Arrived

On September 9 I learned that my name had been drawn out of Renie's box and I was the winner of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book that she was giving away. I was so happy!!

Today, September 12 it arrived. Two things were in my mailbox. My envelope from Renie and a magazine. You can see which I opened first. The prize from Renie, of course!

I feel so honored to have this book. Inside is an inscription to me from one of the authors. Renie's story is on page 185 and I've already read it. I'm so glad there was a soldier with kind brown eyes. I'm glad he was so kind to our malka.

Thank you so much Renie. I will treasure it always.

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Aww, thank you, Ann. I'm so glad you liked the story. Yes, I will never forget my kind Russian soldier. He helped us flee from the danger into freedom. I think of him often. So much happened to us during that war, but we always managed to somehow escape the worst and survive. Because of that, I have felt blessed my entire life. And because I have experienced war, I just want to live in peace and quiet.

Thank you again for your kind words. Have a good weekend. The forecast calls for 5 or more inches of rain for our area on Sunday from the remnants of the hurricane. I just pray that the people in harms way from Ike stay safe! I hope Ike doesn't come your way!

Renie

meggie said...

What a wonderful book it must be. You are lucky, indeed.

Mary said...

Ann,

Congratulations on winning Renie's draw. What wonderful reading. Renie's stories are awesome and I'm glad she autographed it for you.

Blessings,
Mary

Deborah Wilson said...

Congrats, Ann, for winning the book/Renie's story!

Kind brown eyes -

Eyes are the mirror to one's soul.