Sunday, September 14, 2008

Awards and Other Good Things

Mary, at Mary's Writing Nook, thought I deserved an award. I'm not so sure I deserved it, but I was happy to get it. Thanks Mary!

This was a good weekend. The Bridesmaid's Luncheon for Holly was so nice. Tracey and her mom really treated us well. The food was sooo good. And the fellowship was wonderful. Saturday of this week, Holly and Kenny will be married.

Kelly, brought okra from his garden. I love okra.

Frankie came by on Saturday and brought us some fresh green peanuts. We boiled them in salt water and pigged out. So Good!

Then this morning at church, Donald, told us to come get a bushel of sweet potatoes. He said his crop of sweet potatoes was very good this year. (Yum candied yams!)

Then Frankie's neighbor told us to come pick grapes. We probably picked 10 pounds. These are delicious.

We have the best neighbors ever!!

11 comments:

Ψ said...

love your blog!

Pat said...

You have to be a good neighbor to have good neighbor...I think you must be!
Congrats on the much deserved award, and enjoy all that good eating!

Lib said...

Congrats on your awards.
I've tried several times to add you to my blog roll and for some reason it want let me:o(
Yes, wonderful neighbors you have there.I'm sure you're as kind to them as they are to you!
Blessins',Lib

mreddie said...

You have listed some of my favorite foods, especially boiled peanuts and yams. Hope you enjoy the great gift from your neighbor. We are out of town and my okra will have gone to seed by the time we get back. ec

Danielle said...

Yes Ike hit us but we did not have to evacuate. We live about 100 miles from where the storm hit. We had A LOT of wind and rain and but no real damage to our house.

This was my first Hurricane.

But we are ok!!! I am going to put a post up later on about it.

Thnak you for your concern!!

Jules said...

How wonderful to have neighbours who are such good gardeners!!!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Congratulations on the neat award, Ann!

And all those goodies from neighbors were nice for sure. I had a neighbor give me a huge bag of sweet potatoes as well, and one invited me to pick some apples from her apple orchard.

I have never had boiled peanuts, but they sound good.

Have a great week!

Renie

2 LMZ FARMS said...

I'm pretty sure that you share things with your neighbors too. It's nice to have neighbors like that. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.

Sandi McBride said...

Congrats on the award, you deserved it! You must be doing something right to have such welcoming and generous neighbors! Do you ever candy your yams with Orange juice as an ingredient? We love it that way!
hugs
Sandi

meggie said...

We have been blessed, to always have good neighbours.
I love yams, but I wonder if the yams I know, are the same as yours? Ours were small & pink, & so sweet when roasted! We cannot get them here in Australia!

Mary said...

It sounds like your neighbors are very generous and people you can count on. When I was growing up, neighbors shared everything and if I have extra, I always give it to others.

You are definitely deserving of the award.

Blessings,
Mary