Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hold The Fort



Ho! My comrades, see the signal
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing
Victory is nigh!

cho: "Hold the fort, for I am coming!"
Jesus signals still,
Wave the answer back to Heaven
"By Thy grace, we will!"

See the mighty host advancing,
Satan leading on;
Mighty men around us falling
Courage almost gone.

See the glorious banner waving
Hear the bugle blow!
In our Leader's name we'll triumph
Over ev'ry foe.

Fierce and long the battle rages,
But our Help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!

cho: "Hold the fort, for I am coming!"
Jesus signals still,
Wave the answer back to Heaven
"By Thy grace, we will!"

* Just a little reminder that Renie is having a giveaway. Check it out! Just comment on her post to be entered.

7 comments:

Shirley Mary said...

I love "Hold the Fort"
And the precious children! Is it a picture of your children or grandchildren?

mary

Mary said...

The children are lovely all dressed up in their Sunday best.

Blessings,
Mary

Little Penpen said...

Yes, He is coming... the signs are everywhere. My heart is so burdened after last week... I'm ready for Heaven!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Just wanted to drop in and see how you was doing. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.

The Teacup Cottage said...

Love the pic of the kids. So adorable!

Pat said...

Loved the picture - you don't see children dressed that way for church any more.
Hold the fort! Amen! We used to sing that every week, what a sweet reminder of the "old days"!

Renie Burghardt said...

Beautiful hymn, and beautiful children, Ann.


Thank you for mentioning my give away. I decided to close it on the 5th, and have the winner by the 8 or 9th.