Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Present from Janie

Blogland is such a wonderful place.

When the mailman came today he was bearing gifts. A box all the way from my friend, Janie, from Texas.

Don't you just love getting boxes covered in stamps? I covered our addresses with the white strips. After unrolling lots of bubble wrap, I discovered my gift. A wonderful Noah's Ark in a snow globe.


Thank You so muchJanie. I love it. And I love the letter you sent with it. I will treasure it all the more because it was yours.

But that wasn't all she sent. She also sent me a new vine to try. She sent me Shell Pea Vine seeds. I don't know this vine and will need instructions on when to plant. Janie is a Master Gardener. Check out her blogspot when you have time. Thanks again
Janie.

14 comments:

Little Penpen said...

What a wonderful surprise! I like the globe and can't wait to see the vine in all its glory. Isn't it fun to go to the mailbox and find something fun?

janie said...

You are so welcome!

I knew when I saw your collections of Noah's Arks that the one I had was meant to be yours.

Glad it arrived in good shape.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful gift and a good friend...

imac said...

Its always nice to receive gifts.

Lib said...

Hi,
What a Lovely gift. You are Blessed with aDear Friend there.:o)
Have agreat wkend.
Blessins', Lib

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Ann,
Oh wow, what a beautiful Noah's Ark Globe. I have never seen one like that before. "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us. Your friend Janie knew you wanted that. I have never heard of the vine she sent you either. You will have to let us know more about it when you find out more about it. I didn't post today and I am late in visiting tonight. It was another busy Saturday and next Saturday looks to be busy as well. Take care my friend and have a great evning. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Andrea, said...

What a fab suprise

Renie Burghardt said...

What a beautiful surprise gift, Ann!

Have a blessed Sunday.

Renie

Pat said...

Doesn't it feel so good to be on the receiving end of someone's kindness? I know that Janie will be blessed because of her giving heart - she's already blessed me by reading this!! It's kind of like "Pay it forward" in blogland!

Mississippi Songbird said...

What a beautiful gift.Yes, The blog world is wonderful. You get to meet such neat folks. Have a Blessed Sunday!

mreddie said...

That was a neat gift! Plus the continuing gift of the pea vines and beauty all of the growing season. ec

Mary said...

Ann,

The Noah's Ark globe is beautiful. I'm so glad that you will enjoy it. Bless Janie for sending it to you.

Blessings for a great week.
Mary

Deborah Wilson said...

I love globes! Does the ark float around when you move it back and forth? That was sweet of Janie to send you that..:)

Kim said...

What a treat! Don't you wish the mailbox brought treats everyday instead of those nasty little bills!