Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stood Up Again

Promises, promises, promises....

I received a card from the phone company way back in December saying I could now get "high-speed" internet. I called the same day I got the card. The person I spoke with, said I would have it by January 22. I was a happy camper! :)

Then just before January 22, I got a call. They wouldn't be able to get it out to my neighborhood by that date. This person said around February 10-12 I would be able to get it.

Didn't happen!! On the 13th of February I saw a truck stop across the road from my house and take the cover off the phone pole. I was getting excited. He replaced the cover and drove off. :(

Then on Monday, February 16, Bruce called. He asked how soon I wanted the service. I asked "Can you come right now?" He said no, they'd have to make a date. So we agreed that today, Wed. February 18, would be the day. He told me someone would have to be here and I told him I would. He couldn't give me a time, so I stayed home all day waiting... It is now 10:17 p.m. I think I've been stood up again!! And they didn't even call with an excuse!!

You think, maybe, they are afraid of this sign?

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Ann,

Ya know, I have the same problem, and I don't have a goat sign! Haha. I was told I'd have it by mid-November. Yeah, right! No word about it since then. It's very frustrating, to say the least.

Have a good day!

Renie

Anonymous said...

That sign is funny!

I am still waiting for them to bring it to me too. The folks not very far down the road have it but I don't yet (and I can't wait to get it).

Debbie J said...

Ms. Ann, I finally got DSL internet about a month ago! I was so tired of dial up! Maybe you'll get it soon, despite the goat sign.

P.S. still bottle feeding the baby goat, but when this bag of milk powder is gone, he's on his own! He is eating solid food pretty good. He loves that bottle though and loves us. I'm afraid he'll tear through the fence and get run over trying to get to us.

Mo said...

You might want to consider taking it down until you get high speed hooked up. Keep the goats in the chicken house or something, don't let them cross the road. That way, when the guy is there to hook you up, he won't get hurt.
We've had high speed for a long time.....we live by one of the largest cities in the USA. That also means our car insurance rates are sky high. I guess it's worth it for witty inventions.

meggie said...

I am reading this a little late, because I see you have it now. It is so infuriating to spend the day at home waiting, & companies don't seem to feel they need to use common courtesy, by phoning,grrrr.