Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Old Teeth



Found these on Sunday. Wonder what kind of animal had these teeth? (you can click on the picture to see it bigger, like anyone would want to do that)

Then on Monday, I had my six month appointment with my dentist.

I don't know why I dread the dentist so. He has never hurt me. In fact he has made one tooth that I felt sure needed pulling, feel better, and now years later, I still have it. And he had told me I was only getting xrays and teeth cleaning. So why do I get so nervous?

He had told me that I would get the wrap-around xray thingy. I had that once before and I knew it didn't hurt. Also I thought that would be much better than the bitewings, since I have a terrible gag reflex. Guess what? I had all of that... the wrap around and all four of the others. They know to run fast to the xray machine because I have messed up a number of them when I start to gag. Really, I'm terrible.

Now they have computers in each room. As she took the xrays it would pop up on the computer screen. After the fourth one, I noticed a red line blinking on the last set she had taken. I spoke up... "Oh no, does the blinking red line mean there's trouble there?"

She laughed and said, "No that's just the last one I've done."

Then she cleaned, and scrapped, and polished my teeth. This girl is the most gentle person I have ever had. I love her!! She finished and buzzed for the dentist.

While we wait she goes through all the xrays and even the wrap around ones. I see it all, and it all looks horrible to me. (especially the wrap-arounds..I look like a mummy) She speaks up.."Everything looks good! .. just like they are suppose to look." She makes my next appointment and fills a goody bag with samples of toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, and toothbrush.

Then my dentist comes in and pulls up all those xrays again. He looks through them all and asks if I have any problems. .. and of course I say "NO." Still, he takes a look around in my mouth. Then he says we will review the xrays, but everything looks good. See you again in six months.

Why in the world do I get so nervous?

6 comments:

Michele said...

Too funny! I am the same way...I always dread going! But they have never hurt me either! I got out of the xrays at my appt 2 weeks ago since I'm pregnant:-) But I will have them next time at my 6 month check-up! Glad all went well! And wow...I would have been a lil' freaked out if I had come across those teeth in the woods...LOL!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Ann,

Wow, look at those chompers in the woods! You find the most interesting things to take pictures of. Hmmm, maybe a coyote's teeth? I dunno.

I hate going to the dentist, although the experience is usually not too bad. I gag easily as well, and that's probably one of the reasons.

Sorry I'm late visiting these days. Just so much to do around here.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Renie

Pat said...

I'm with you. I always dread going and keep putting it off. I think I'm always afraid they are going to find something which will lead to even more visits!
Who ever those teeth belonged to, they never saw a dentist!

Margaret Cloud said...

I want to thank you for coming by, in your post before this I wanted to comment how pretty and serene the tree looked.

Little Penpen said...

I think our "nervousness" comes from "not trusting our dentists". I always wait for them to find some major thing that my mouth needs... I'm usually skeptical of the "need" but let him do it anyway!

Unknown said...

Believe it or not my son has a deer skull and that is what your picture appears to bee.....the sharp point to the front is the nose area, and the bone to the right side of the picture is the edge of the eye socket!!!! WOW!!!