Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nights in Rodanthe

I received the rest of my Christmas gift from my first son's family on Saturday. They had given me a card at Christmas saying I would receive the movie "Nights in Rodanthe" when the movie was released to DVD.

I don't know about you, but I love watching home movies by myself. I don't want any talking or distractions. So I decided to watch it this afternoon. And I tell you this is a really good movie. But just before it ended I got a telephone call and while I was still on the phone I had a visit from my SIL.

So, on another day, I will attempt to watch the whole movie again. I enjoyed reading the book last year. You know, how most times you say the book was better than the movie? Well, I think this movie is just as good or even better than the book. The ocean scenes make me ready to go back to the Outer Banks. But not now, I want it to be warm when I go to the beach.

7 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

I have not seen the movie or read the book. Looks so romantic!

I usually watch movies at night, so there are no distractions, but I often fall asleep before the ending.

Happy Wednesday!

Hugs,

Renie

Debbie J said...

I want to see that movie too. Maybe soon. My hubby and I watched "Fire Proof" early Sunday morning together. It is really good!

Michele said...

I LOVED the book and can not wait to see the movie! So glad to hear it was good!

Oh...no still haven't opened the envelope. I think we'll probably wait...so litte surprises in life:-)

Unknown said...

Mrs. Ann, Don't remember if i told you but The Author of the Nicholas Sparks lives here in New Bern, I have actually printed shirts for him.....You wouldn't believe the new home he is building!!!!!!

Granny Annie said...

Thanks for the heads up. I shall add this to my Neflix list.

meg said...

I am like you, I prefer to watch movies at home, in comfort.
Sending warm thoughts your way.xx

Mary said...

Ann,

Like Renie, I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but you have encouraged me to do so. I am placing the book on my "to read" list. Thanks for the information.

Blessings,
Mary