Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back To The Fort

If you ever get a chance to see Fort Macon State Park in North Carolina, don't miss it. It's different everytime I go.

Lots of rooms of this fort are open to the public.


And make sure you climb the steps to walk around the top.


An example of some of the foods they ate.


The soldiers were told not to drag their feet and cause static electricity when they went into the powder room. Uh oh, In winter I would have blown us all to pieces.


Someone had asked in the comments on the fort post before this one, How far is the ocean from the fort. If you click on this photo, you can see the ocean from a view off the top wall.


Come to see us!

11 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Good pics, Ann. This looks like a nice place to visit in the future.

Dragging feet - in the winter time I'm always doing that, socks = carpet = electricity. I have to remember not to touch Ms. Rabbit after walking across carpet with socks on -

Lib said...

Hi Ann,
Thanks for sharing this pix. kinda makes me feel I went on a trip too.:o) Enjoying seeing the pix.
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Jules said...

How interesting it reminds me very much of one in Sydney - the name escapes me though!! Now that will annoy me all day if i can't remember it!!!

Pat said...

looks very interesting, I'd love to visit. Loved your last picture of the rain, it looked like a good day to stay inside!

Maddy said...

You know history, or rather American history is one of my weak spots but I somehow imagined it would be bigger, or is that just me?
Best wishes

mreddie said...

That reminds me of an old fort down around Savannah, GA. ec

Mary said...

Ann,

These photos are great. I like the one of the foods the soldiers ate.

I'm sure I would have blown the entire place up.

Blessings,
Mary

Renie Burghardt said...

Great pictures, Ann! If I'm ever in NC I will be sure to visit the Fort.

Hope you're having a great day!

Renie

Janette said...

Wonderful journey- thank you for the ride!

Sandi McBride said...

LOL you're a one woman travelogue! Great photo's, and it's been years since I went to the Fort! Maybe I need to come back...
Sandi

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, I love you eye for photography - the one with the arch - it just calls you in! Thanks for the tour!
Colleen