Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Love A Rainy Day !

Well, let me say this. I love a rainy day if I don't have to get out in it to go anywhere. And today is such a day.

The grass is loving this day. The tobacco growing in the field across the road is loving this day. And that clover in the middle of the lawn is certainly enjoying this day.

Today is perfect for staying on line and checking out all your blogging buddies' posts. And for reading the local weekly paper that comes on Wednesday.

Good story in there today about people from Australia coming to our little town looking for relatives. Seems the soldier from here fathered a son during World War II while serving in Australia. That son is here visiting relatives he never knew until his first visit a few years back. It was a sweet tender story. The son's parents never married anyone else. They have both passed on. He has love letters his dad wrote to his mom all those years ago.

On rainy days, even the traffic in the back yard slows down. Not too many people cutting grass today.

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

I love a nice, rainy day as well. And what a sweet story about the son visiting from Australia, trying to find some relatives. Sad that the parents never had the chance to get together and marry.

Your family reunion at the old train depot sounded so nice, Ann. I thought you'd write about it.

Oh, and if you ever find the pictures of the yellow lady's slipper, I sure would love to see it.

Have a nice evening.

Renie

Little Penpen said...

Sounds like a nice day. It rained here all day too and I was cold all day! That story about the person from Australia... did you know the soldier who fathered the child? Or any of the family members?

LibertyBelle said...

Lovely photos and very romantic.
How wonderful to see all the photo hunters!
Happy Weekend
L

Mary said...

Ann,

I love to listen to rain on the roof. I am lucky that our bedroom is an addition. I love to be lulled to sleep by the sound of gentle rain.

The rain here hasn't been so gentle lately. We've had thunderstorms but I enjoy them to - a terrific light show put on by nature. What could be better.

Blessings,
Mary