Sunday, April 17, 2011

Calm Before The Storm


St. John Church near Grifton NC. This was taken before the storms began on Saturday afteroon. The winds had blown all day and the clouds kept getting darker. We sat in front of the TV as they broadcast weather all afternoon. As the storms got closer, we heard familiar neighborhoods told to get in your safeplace now. Coming across Greene county, Snow Hill, Scuffleton, Rountree, etc... My two sons live at Rountree. They got hail but nothing blown down. I'm sure you got to see the damages on the news...20 some people killed. A large part of downtown Wilson was damaged. My husband's sister's home was spared. Thank You LORD!!

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

You were my first thought, when I listened to the news. You are the only one I know in North Carolina.. so I was anxious to hear if you were alright. The weather is a scary thing.... Glad you and your family are safe.

Peggy said...

Glad the storm passed you by. My friend Gerda just got her power back on today. I am still cleaning up the yard and gardens from leaves and limbs but very blessed everything and everyone is unharmed. Have a blessed evening!