Monday, December 29, 2008

Today...

Today it is raining. Yesterday was like a beautiful spring day. We had our last get together for Christmas yesterday.

The rain today is like a nice gentle spring rain. Nothing like the picture I have posted below. Sometimes our yard can get very, very, wet.

On Saturday we worked taking the outside decorations down and putting them away. Today on this rainy day, I got all the inside decorations back up into the attic. Christmas is over.

2008 was a good year for us. No major sicknesses. Our family gained a new daughter-in-law and a new son-in-law. And my husband's brother became a granddad for the first time. The baby was born just before Christmas. Isn't he so cute?


We don't know what 2009 has in store for us. We know that some will be losing their jobs in just a couple more days. Some have had their entire business go out.

This I do know .. Our Heavenly Father is in control of this New Year. I've read HIS PROMISES in HIS word, THE HOLY BIBLE, and I have no need to fear. GOD is GOOD!!

12 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Ann,

Aww, what a beautiful baby! Look at all that hair!

We had lots of sunshine and 60 degrees today. The weather has been incredibly mild for our part of the country, in the past few days.

I went to our last function last night as well, our Christmas buffet at our church. I always enjoy being with my church friends.

No, we don't know what the new
year will bring, but God will be in control!

Happy New Year!

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

Debbie J said...

That is one cute baby!

It was amazing that it was 75 degrees Sunday, wasn't it? My daughter is visiting Vermont and they have been sledding and went on a sleigh ride. She was wishing she was here in the warm weather since that's her favorite!

Mary said...

Ann,

No, we don't know what 2009 will bring. I do hope yours is filled with love, laughter, good health and abundant blessings.

We had heavy rain the day after Christmas and flooding in some areas. It was quite warm for this area but now the cold has returned and we have a nasty, strong wind. I expect we will see snow again soon.

Take care, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann,

What a beautiful little babe! Your brother-in-law surely is a proud granddad..:)

Here, it has been mainly cloudy and drizzly - not too cold. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny so I'll go and do something outdoors tomorrow afternoon.

2009 - I'll just leave that with a ?.

Margaret Cloud said...

I love that baby's hair, he is so cute, they are so angelic when sleeping. Sometimes it is best if we don't know what the future holds. We live in uncertain times, with companies closing and people thrown out of work. We need to have faith that things will change for the best and God will see us through. I hope you have a Happy New Year.

eastcoastlife said...

What an adorable baby! Love his hair!

It's gloom every where in the world. Here's hoping for a better year.

May you be more charming, richer, healthier and happiest this coming new year!!

Happy year 2009!

Greetings and cheers from sunny Singapore!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

What a cutie! Happy Happy New Year to you and your family - I know this coming year will bring joy and happiness to us all! Thank you for blogging and sharing your life with us.
Colleen

janie said...

Newborns are my favorites! I just love those brand new babies! And all that hair is a real bonus! Adorable!

I hope the new year will be kind to you and yours, Ann, and to All, a very Happy New Year!

Janie

janie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lib said...

Hi Ann,
What a precious baby, with all that hair!
Hope ya'll have a Blessed new yr.
Blessins',Lib

Pat said...

Oh I love a new born babe...and this one is so precious!
Happy New Year to you and those you love!!

meg said...

Blessings for that beautiful little baby & his life ahead!