Monday, November 23, 2009

Sunday night after church, a party was given for my Grandson-in-law, Matt. It was a going away party. He will be deploying in January.


Since this will be their first Christmas together, it was suggested that a Christmas ornament, would be a nice gift for Matt and Jessica's first Christmas tree.

A prayer wheel was made and the church members signed up for different times that some member of our church will be praying for Matt while he is away. Matt reminded us that while we are sleeping, he will be working.

I think that it would be a good idea if any of us have sleepless nights or awaken during the night, we should remember to pray for all of our troops in harms way.

8 comments:

Little Penpen said...

So sweet... the prayer wheel was an awesome idea!!!

Pat said...

What a nice party..there's nothing like church family.
I've had sleepless nights when I've been impressed to pray for our military...God keep them safe.
I aso want to take a moment to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Meggie said...

You know my beliefs are different. Nevertheless, my thought will be there.

Deborah Wilson said...

Ann, Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. At least Matt doesn't deploy until after the Holidays - and he and Jessica can spend their first Christmas together.

Mary said...

Ann, I love the idea of the prayer wheel. I will add Matt to my prayer list as well. I'm glad you had a nice party for them. May God bless them with many happy years together.

Blessings,
Mary

Donna's chitchat said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ann, and to your family as well.

Mary said...

Ann, thank you for the prayers. They're much appreciated.
Blessings,
Mary

janie said...

Matt and Jessica remind me of when I was a young bride. My new husband left in January, for Viet Nam. It was one of the hardest thing I ever did, seeing him off.

Times are a lot different these days. The computer makes communications much easier. I waited days, sometimes weeks for a letter, and he wrote almost every day. Mail was just slow, slow. Now days, my son could be helping his kids with their homework, and he was in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I will keep Matt and Jessica in my prayers. I pray that his tour passes quickly.