Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Butterfly ?

I was out side putting a tomato basket around this plant my second son's family gave me for Mother's day. I spied something in one of the flowers.

I went inside to get the camera, came back outside and found I needed batteries. Went back inside to reload the batteries in the camera. Came back out and took two picutes of the butterfly in the flower. (both blurred, by the way) I finally wondered if the butterfly was dead since he was paying me no mind. Finally I tugged it's wings very gently, and he flew way up into the crepe myrtle tree. That must be some good nectar in that flower.

9 comments:

Mary said...

Ann,

What a beautiful photo and that butterfly sure did remain there drinking nectar for quite a while.

Thank you for your kind words of support on today's post. I appreciate and value your friendship.

Blessings,
Mary

mreddie said...

Maybe the butterfly was also enthralled by the beauty of the flower. :) ec

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool!

Arlene,
Lakewood flowers

meggie said...

I did have to laugh, to think that butterfly was so engaged in getting nectar, it didnt bother to move! It must have sensed you would not harm it.

Pat said...

What a beautiful picture - your fortunate it stayed in one place so long!
I also read your previous post...yes time does march on, my grandsons are in college and it seems like a blink of an eye ago they were toddlers. For some reason, time seems to be going by much faster for me now!

Renie Burghardt said...

Lovely picture, Ann. Must have been some sweet nectar in that flower. Digital camera's are so great, aren't they?

Have a nice day!

Renie

Gigi Ann said...

That was some butterfly story. He is a "Ham" butterfly, He wanted his picture taken, so he patiently waited until you were ready.

I visited your granddaughters blog, and what a lovely bride she made. And her first cooked meal for hubby, was tasty too;))

Enjoy your evening.

The Babysitters Love said...

So neat! Wedding pics are up! Don't miss them! Love you!!!

Little Penpen said...

That butterfly knew you needed a good blog picture for the day! Great pic!