Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Surprise


Hmmmm, sometimes you find things you didn't want to know. Just up here checking out the court calanders and find relatives all among the people heading to court. Some of them are complete surprises. Seems some of my family members refuse to use their seat belts. It's bad when you get caught once, but three times?


Others are a little more involved. Much more serious. What were they thinking? Maybe that's the trouble, they were not thinking.


Now, that I've opened my mouth about their transgressions, I will probably be the next one getting a ticket. I sure hope not!!


This has been a trying few days. And the thing that was the worst was trying to get pills ordered through the mail here on time. After a free 5 day prescription to try to hold until the meds arrived, still the medicine didn't come. Yesterday, after I spoke with a representive, she reported that package lost in the mail and reordered to be shipped tomorrow.


And you know how that turned out... Today the medicine first ordered finally arrived, and so I was back on the phone to cancel the order that was suppose to ship tomorrow. This is the first time the medicine didn't get here on time. Some times it was close, but never this late.


We've had a beautiful day weather wise. And tomorrow is suppose to be the same. They are saying we might get rain on Thanksgiving and all of us will be grateful. They say one lake that supplies water to Raleigh has a bout 110 days supply left. Then they will be pumping from the Neuse River. After the flood of 1999, I guess we never expected to see this lasting drought. Do you suppose GOD is trying to get our attention again?


Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for all HIS wonderful works to the children of men! And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of Thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing. Psalm 107:21 and 22.

9 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I'm glad the medication business seems to be straightened out for now. What a relief for you! LOL on the family violators.... were my brothers involved? tee hee!

Pat said...

We do all of my husbands meds though the mail also, so far it's worked out very well.
Wishing you a very Blessed and joyful Thanksgiving!

imac said...

Ah, so glad your pills arrived, after phoning.
Sorry to hear about your few days on a downer, sure it can get better now, good luck.

Nice photo too.

Am now back on line, the saga continues-----

Sandy said...

Sorry about your meds. You usually can get a small supply from the pharmacy. Now, I wonder who got those seat belt tickets...hopefully, not the Chief..LOL

Willow said...

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am right there with you when it comes to having trouble with getting your medicine. That happened to me this week also! I went to the Dr on Tuesday and they said they would call in my meds. So on SUNDAY I go to pick them up - and the Dr hadn't called them in yet. So on MONDAY I bebopped my self down to the Dr's office and asked for a sample pack since they didn't call in my meds in time. So they gave me TWO free months of meds! Go me go me! lol

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Ancient One,
I'm so glad you stopped by. I do hope you will come back again and visit. I always love meeting and getting aquainted with new friends. I am fairly new to the blogging world. I started in September, but only got going good last month. I am having a blast. I have really gotten aquainted with a lot of nice ladies out here in blogland. You can add me to your blogroll if you want to. If you don't mind, I will add yours to mine. I usuall post early in the morning and then visit later on. I try to visit everyone on my blogroll. I may not get everyone when I am visiting because of the different time zones and all. I just have to keep checking back. Well, I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving here at our house. My parents and sister came up. I did most of the cooking. My mother and sister brought a few things. We all ate too much. LOL. It is cold here this morning too. It is 38 degrees with a windchill of 30 degrees. I'm lucky I guess on getting my meds. My doctor has a drug store right next to it. That is where I get my meds filled. Well, again, I am so glad you stopped by. I am out visiting a bit. I am doing laundry today. We put our tree up yesterday evening. I'm planning on posting some pictures in the next few days or so. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

janie said...

Everybody has outlaws in the family at one time or another. LOL, I know we do.

At least, we used to. I think most them have met a bad end by now. I think that is why we always lived so far from any of our kinfolks. Daddy didn't want us involved, so he just kept a lot of room between us and them. Heheehe.

Glad it all has worked out on your meds.

I love your scripture.

imac said...

Hi, just to let you know canal post 2 is now up.