Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rooster Weather Vane

My cousin, Janice, gave us this weather vane one year for Christmas. She told me I could use it for anything... even garden art. My husband suggested we use it for what it really was. He put the weather vane on top of his shop. You would never believe all the nice comments we have had on that Rooster. So many people wondered where we got it. We really love the copper colored Rooster. Thanks Janice!!

Update on Scott. His wife's father has had a heart attack. So Scott and his wife have gone to Korea to check on him. Scott will not be able to stay long. Scott's mom has gone to Scott's home to keep the baby while they take care of this emergency. Pleae remember them in prayer! Thank you!

8 comments:

Janice said...

Oh, I love that weathervane! I can see why it has so many compliments! It looks great on top of the shop!

possum said...

What a great weather vane! LOVE IT!
Have missed having time to visit... so I swore I would visit some of my friends this morning before i did anything else. So, the phone has kept me busy. Geez! But I am so glad to be able to see what you have been up to.
Collards... I have never been able to eat more than a forkfull. Turnip greens are the greens of choice here, with cornbread. However, I have never gotten to the point of being able to eat them either. What's wrong with me? I must have Yankee tastebuds! Guess that's what I get for living in Maine all those years as a kid. I love LOBSTAH! Bring on the lobstah eatin contest! I will be there!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Love the weather vane. Will keep Scott and family in my prayers. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

smilnsigh said...

Oh my Dear, I am so sorry for these family troubles for Scott. Please keep us posted.

And thank you for your {commented} vote of confidence on my *ballistics.* I'll no doubt shock many with my say-it-like-it-is-ness. Not the usual to be found, in my blog. But... I have been unable to get 'back into' "Pretty Blog Land" mode. -sigh-

I hope I can calm down soon. Too much, either way, on a topic... can be self-defeating. -sigh-

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Little Penpen said...

I have always loved your rooster weathervane. I still have the horse and carriage one from my house in Vanceboro! I guess I will finally put it up somewhere when I think I have moved into my final home. (here on earth, that is!)

Willow said...

what a nice idea a weathervane is.

I wonder if there are quail weathervanes. I should put one up on my house. Roosters are in short supply in our present neighborhood.

Alice said...

I'll be keeping Scott's family in my prayers.

meggie said...

Lovely rooster!! Best wishes for your loved ones.