Monday, December 31, 2007
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Last night before the fun began!!
We had fun eating, opening presents, and just enjoying each other's company. My children did it all. The planning, the cooking, the fun - all was provided by them. All I had to do was sit on the couch and laugh! The best Christmas ever!! I think we have started a new tradition! LOL (or not?)
This worked out so well since my mom was taken to the hospital the same day as the party. She is better and back home tonight. Thanking my LORD for all of his blessings!!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.
Mary did you know that your baby boy would give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.
Oh Mary did you know
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the mute will speak, the praises of the lamb.
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Just wanted to show you one of my old tricks. Brown paper lunch bags stamped with a green bingo marker in the shape of a Christmas Tree.
If I had red paint I would have put a few red dots here and there to look like ornaments. Since I didn't have any red paint on hand today, I just cut up Christmas Seals and stuck the pieces here and there on the tree. After filling, I fold over the top and close with red ribbon pushed through two holes and tie the bow.
Merry Christmas !!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Addie's having trouble getting to her blog. My aunt forwarded her email on. She's doing fine, but missing her husband, family and dog. There were a bunch of pictures attached but I'm only putting up her tree picture. Maybe she will get a chance to post on her own blog and might use these same pictures.
No pictures from Scott. (Well, I did get the baby with Santa picture) I talked with his dad recently. He said Scott is very busy. He is missing his wife and baby. He thinks he will get his break to come home about the time his son reaches his first birthday.
No word from Justin at this time. He left around the 12th of December. Please continue to pray for our troops all over the world. Thanks!!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
ABOUT SCHOOL VIOLENCE
In our paper today on the front page there is an article about a stabbing at the Middle School (grades 5-8)in our little town. They are saying an eighth grade girl (age 15) went across the hall into a sixth grade room and stabbed a girl (age 15) with a 10-inch kitchen knife. The sixth grader is in the hospital and the eighth grader is being held in an area juvenile detention center.
Our question is what are 15 year old girls doing in sixth and eighth grades?
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The shadows are getting longer and the nights are coming faster. This picture was taken about 3 p.m. on Monday. My side of the road is already in shadows. Across the fields the sun is shining. The crops have been gathered and I can now see my far neighbor's home.
In the woods the trees are casting their long shadows. Notice how the goats have cleaned up the underbrush in this area.
I love living out in the country. It is nice and peaceful out in our neck of the woods!!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Actually the title is misleading. These are my husbands kids all grown up. I had nothing to do with these kids. LOL. This was taken yesterday afternoon. They had come up out of the woods and were looking for supper.
Some of these nannies are almost ready to deliver new kids. When the little ones get here I will try to post some pictures. I actually think the little kids are cute!
We are having another beautiful December day. Shorts weather outside. I feel so bad for the people in the middle of the country suffering with all the ice and power shortages.
Monday, December 10, 2007
My mailman comes very late. Sometimes after 5 p.m. But not today. He was here about 3 p.m. I love going to the mailbox this time of the year. Christmas Cards !!!
And this is the one I got today from my granddaughter. She is getting married on Dec. 20th. Troy is going to be her husband. May they have many wonderful Christmases together!!!
Today is such a beautiful Decmeber day. It does not feel like Christmas. Our Temps are in the 70's today.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
A friend of my husband told him to go look in his vinyl trash pile to see if he wanted anything. We are thinking of putting vinyl rails on our front porch. We brought back some things we thought we could use, but it seems to be more for a deck than a porch. (much higher than we wanted) My husband thinks he can still use those pieces for something else. I found this one piece of fencing that I just wanted for some reason. I think it looks like grave yard fence. Now that I have it, what in the world am I going to do with it? LOL
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Letter from Jesus about Christmas --
It has come to my attention that many you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.
How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember : I LOVE YOU, JESUS
Letter from Jesus about Christmas --
This was a good day! My grandaughter, April, was given a wedding shower by her Aunt Dawn. Dawn did a beautiful job and the happy couple, April and Troy, received many useful and pretty gifts. They will be married December 20th. I wish for then a long life of love and happiness!!